Wednesday, February 05, 2003

when the church sucks the life out of ministry...

i received an email back from a young lady that for the past 2 years (first 2 years in college) ran a downtown homeless ministry on her own. she visited our church sometimes, and many of our people ministered with her from time to time. i emailed her to get the details for the new semester, and here's the reply:
Hey Aaron,

I am sorry to say that no, I am not doing the homeless ministry any more...I am involved with my church now, so my time for activites is limited. If you do have anyone interested in starting up a ministry, I have a bagillion New Testaments at my house that they are welcome to have. Downtown Phoenix is an awesome place to minister, I miss the guys down there. They were really cool...

i feel deflated that a church would busy a revolutionary to the point they give up their passion, and ministry...

No comments: